Monday, October 29, 2007

Shoes and moving

So pretty much Kate's new favorite thing is putting on shoes. Travis videotaped it (on the list to the right) although it was staged (she isn't wearing socks). The other morning I was in the bathroom getting ready, and Kate brought me her shoe and said, "PLEASE!" I didn't really have time to put her shoes on just for her enjoyment, so I said, "Actually we have to have socks, too..." figuring that would discourage her and knowing that anyway all pairs of socks were out of her reach. She toddled out of the room muttering, "Socks too..." but to my amazement reappeared a moment later holding up a single sock and asking, "PLEASE!" I was surprised first of all that she'd even understood me and second that she'd actually found a sock! (I think it was a lone sock I'd tossed on the changing table conveniently within her reach.)

Also, the day after the Halloween party, she brought me her rubber-glove "chicken feet" we'd attached to her sneakers and sat down on the floor, lifted her foot and said, "Please!" I just have to laugh at her funny little shoe obsession.

AND... we are all set to MOVE this weekend! YA-HOOOOO!!! Kate, however, does not seem to be jumping on the bandwagon...

"Noooooo.... don't pack me!!!!!!"

No comments: